1. The bracket mantel clock style originated over 300 years ago as a weight-driven wall clock mounted on brackets - thus the name. Contemporary bracket mantel clocks retain some of the design elements of classic bracket clocks, including decorative bases and carrying handles.
2. Tambour mantle clocks are broad-shouldered clocks that often feature a wide wood base with decorative accents, though their strongest characteristic is their gracefully rolling lines. Its unobtrusive elegance and handsome wood finish make a tambour mantle clock suitable for fireplace or desk.
3. Tambour clocks are sometimes called Napoleon hat clocks, but it was Napoleon himself who, as legend has it, gave a name to what we now know as carriage mantel clocks. Irked by a subordinate's lateness, Le Petit Caporal ordered all his officers to carry carriage clocks, a.k.a. the handle-equipped "officer's clocks."
4. With its Old-World charm and gently resonant sound, a mantel clock featuring a pendulum and chimes creates a relaxed, contemplative atmosphere for studies and home offices. Our selection includes beautiful wood pendulum mantel clocks from Howard Miller, Seiko, and Bulova.
5. Clocks are the modern American standard for first anniversary gifts. Our anniversary clocks offer dramatic designs for the fireplace mantel or sofa table, including glass domes, rotating pendulums, and hourly chimes.
6. Natural, mechanistic, and architectural motifs give our traditional mantel clocks a distinctive presence as fireplace focal points and accents. Birds and butterflies, clock gears and movements, marine symbols, and iron scrollwork will create iconic and expressive fireplace decors.
7. Mid-century modern, vintage Frank Lloyd Wright, polished-chrome retro, and aged ivory finishes are some of the aesthetic highlights of our contemporary mantel clock selection. Their mix of wood, metal, and transitional designs will suit a variety of home interiors.
8. As decorative accessories, one unique quality that mantel clocks possess is their sound. Enhance your sonic surroundings with Seiko musical mantel clocks that play your choice of one out of six classical music melodies on the hour.
9. If a musical mantel clock is too disruptive for your office or library mantel, one of our chiming mantel clocks could provide a gentler reminder of the passing time. A chiming mantel clock with volume control and nighttime chime shut-off is a versatile beauty.
10. Founded in 1926, the Howard Miller Clock Company is renowned as one of the world's finest clock manufacturers. Mantel clocks are one of only two kinds of clocks that Howard Miller has manufactured from its very beginning.
"I would just like to let you know that dealing with your company has been a pleasure. I am always hesitant about dealing with companies that I do not know over the internet. My order arrived very quickly. My clock was packed beautifully and I would certainly not hesitate doing business with you again and recommending you to anyone that I know."
-Sheila P., WI